Friday, May 22, 2009

"born blond"

about this time every year my parents go on a 2 week vacation. leaving the kids at home :( my sisters and i always look for fun
"sister" things to do...like shopping, rent chick flicks and every year we buy some random hair dye (or just get whatever color is at the 'cheap' store we go to once a month). last time i dyed the bottom layer of my hair a dark burgundy and loved it. so this time my sister wanted to bleach all her hair and i decided to just bleach the top layer of my hair. perfect.
so as i read the directions to my sister....its all pretty obvious that you pour the ingredients together, shake vigorously and apply immediately. as i let the bleach set in, i anxiously await my slightly blonder look.
i shower. shampoo. rinse. condition. rinse. and reveal.
it appears my sister may have been distracted and there are zig zaggy blond streaks on the top of my head. i run upstairs to show my sisters the bad news. she demonstrates how she put the dye in my hair, recalling making zig zaggy motions. sweet. after laughing pretty hard, my younger sister explains that it is a new trend called the "raccoon look."
the only answer was to buy more bleach hair dye and try to fill in the dark spots.
not good.
i have fake yellow hair now and will be most likely waring a hat next time you see me.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Since you have announced it to the world, I have officially resigned from my hair dying responsibilities. It has been fun over the years but I realize that I have dissatisfied my customers and I will pick up my things and will be leaving quietly.