Monday, February 27, 2012

8th annual.

holiday get togethers can sometimes be boring and predictable.
i mean dont get me wrong, i love me some thanksgiving turkey...but for a girl who loves to eat and a mom who loves to cook :) we can never think of enough excuses to share meals together.
and so this is our 8th year celebrating family by watching the oscars together. basically everyone tries to see some of the movies that are nominated for best picture and then you bring a dish or a drink - anything to share that represents one of the movies. it could be creative like a black and white dessert representing the black and white film "the artist"...or southern fried chicken for "the help." and we pretty much had it all this year! we vote on the best or most creative dish at the end :)

thanks to my family - who loves to party and loves to host (and loves to eat)...i hope to be the same way!

my sister brought raclette representing "midnight in paris"

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Are you suggesting...I won...again;)
"Wow...this is so ...unexpected...I would like to firs thank God..."