Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wrap up!

Ok, welp. I haven't done a super great job of blogging this year.
Oh well!
2014 flew by and I just wasn't in the blogger mood.

But here is a list of some of the top 9 things that happened in 2014. (sidenote: this kind of feels like one of those christmas updates...I thought it would be funny if I sent out a picture of me and Selma and then wrote a whole page about Selma and how she still has a cough and gained a couple pounds...hahahahaha!)

Ok, anyway.

#1 thing that happened in 2014 - Nathan Salley. Nathan Salley asked me out for a beer in March (finally!) and then we became official in May and now we are in love. He's the best.

#2 Getting more experience with photography. Did my first wedding and second shot another wedding with Tayler. Want to keep improving.

#3 Grateful for my health this year! Got involved in essential oils with Young Living. Trying to go the all natural route when it comes to things I put in or on my body. And cleaning products, etc. It's been awesome!

#4 Was able to travel a few new places internationally. Columbia in March with a flight attendant for her birthday. South Korea in May to visit Justin and Alicia. And South Africa in November with my mom.

#5 Was able to explore Colorado more! Nathan and I went to Telluride and Ouray in Fall - it was my first time and definitely one of the most beautiful places in Colorado. Also did the Crested Butte trip and we went to Steamboat a couple weeks ago. Places that I can't help but go annually!

#6 Airbnb! I had been talking about it for a while but finally signed up to list my space on www.airbnb.com. It is an awesome site where you can rent out your place for whatever price you want, whatever days you want. I only started it in October - but have had about 10 guest stay at my place! I love it.

#7 Getting more involved in church (Mile High Vineyard). Involved in the sense that I actually go. When I can. Ha. Nathan and I went to a small group for a little bit and the location of the church moved to lower highlands. About one mile from my house. God couldn't really make it much easier. And it's nice actually knowing a couple people at church (vs. flatirons!)

#8 Weddings, babies, friends moving away. This happens every year I suppose. And it's stiiiill happening.

#9 This a year of being secure. Or more secure. Trying to be. Let go of expectations. Be free. Less transition and looking for the next cool thing and more so being happy with who I am. With years prior there was a lot of FOMO and YOLOs and I love a busy social life but I am getting better at being ok if  I miss a concert or happy hour or having new clothes (ok that last part is probably not as true...I shopped at free people for the first time this year)


No comments: